These are checklists to make my learning workflow tangible.
Learning goal preparation checklist
- What’s your most important learning goal?
- What’s the most relevant source related to (1)?
- Identify the most useful content from the source in (2).
- Plan deep study of content in (3).
Deep study checklist
- Why have you selected this content?
- How is this related to your learning goal?
- What is your expectation from studying this content?
- What other questions can you ask related to reading this content?
- Read quickly by skimming and getting a sense of what the whole piece is about.
- Identify those areas more relevant to your learning goal.
- Read a second time, carefully, slowly. Check the meaning of words you don’t know.
- Highlight those parts that are catching your attention. Rewrite the concept with your own words and keep track of the source.
- Collect all notes taken on this content.
- Review the notes, one by one, and add them to your Personal Knowledge Base.
- Create a plan to retrieve the key concepts expressed in the notes you’ve captured and test yourself against carefully craftef questions.