Hi, I am Massimo Curatella.
Some highlights from my website curatella.com:
- What I have learned by writing 100 daily articles in a row.
- One Year Writing: 30 Lessons Learned in 30 Days. My challenge to publish 30 atomic essays in 30 days.
- Writing Half a Million words in One Year. I have been writing for my 365th day in a row, for a total of half a million words.
- The habit of building habits
- Notes. A growing collection of notes, reflections, and connections.
- My notes about Systems Thinking
- All articles about Design
- All articles about Facilitation
- All articles about Writing
- All articles about Systems Thinking
Read My Latest Articles
- Knowing the Pieces Before the Assemblyfunctions and their potential for connection, it could be inefficient or, worst, harmful.
- Learning Goals Depend on Our Roles in LifeWe should accept ambiguity and multiplicity in defining our identity and our roles. They are fluid and in continuous mutation.
- Checklists to Pursue Learning GoalsThese are checklists to make my learning workflow tangible.
- Funny CouplesThey really get along well.
- Coherence in Data-GatheringWithout knowing the rules at the source of that data you can increase its quality by applying the deduction you can make.
- Notes on HierarchyHierarchy is a way to organize information in a tree shape. Higher level of depth provide higher detail. A hierarchy requires a design approach.
- Observe Trends, Prepare for the FutureSometimes we don’t want to see the future. We have all the signals in front of us, explicit. It would take such a little effort to relate trends and behaviors that we could anticipate what…
- Revise For Meaning Then for SyntaxAfter an initial round of revisions, when the writing flows then it’s time to wordsmithing, cherry-picking and finessing.
- On Improvisation and RelevanceImprovisation requires a lot of work. Relevance, too.
- How To Discover Your Beloved Ones’ DesiresAsk them. But with a trick.
- Accepting ComplimentsWhen somebody gives you compliments or shows their gratitude to you, do not diminish what you have done. Be humble but accept the nice words without feeling obliged to appear less than what the others…
- Note-Taking Liberates You from Your MoodsNote-taking allows you to separate your current mood from the idea you want to capture.
- We Need More Scientific AttitudeOf course ,we do.
- Contextual Paraphrasing Must Be Done EarlyStop, make an effort to interpret what caught your attention, and rewrite it with your words into notes to add to your archive.
- Note-Taking is PersonalThe value of personal notes is limited unless you are annotating for specific public.
- The Power of RereadingMy greatest challenge is exactly this, going through the boredom of rereading a piece of text while looking for new insights
- Deeply Immersive Stolen SleepSleeping when you are not supposed to sleep is like going on a prohibited journey. If you accompany your nap with an immersive audiobook then it’s like living another life. You need a book well…
- Free-Flowing Explanation of the Free-Flowing PracticeThere will be no family member, no dog, no bill, no ugly noise able to get you out of your creative tunnel.
- The Bassline Baseline46 days to go. 46 more articles to write. “articles”, what a big word. I’ve received one of the best gifts I have ever had: a bass guitar. I have fingertips at both of my…
- Writing ConciselyIt is a job, a discipline, an art. Never sufficiently appreciated and practiced.
Discover My Passions
books collaboration collective intelligence communication complexity creativity critical thinking design design leadership design strategy design thinking education facilitation facilitation methods free-flowing future thinking game design how instructional design leadership learning networks newsletter note-taking notes personal development personal knowledge management planning poetry problem-solving professional development reading research reviews Ship 30 for 30 short stories speculative design storytelling sustainability systemic design systems thinking what why writing zettelkasten
I am a Senior Experience Designer, a Facilitator, a Trainer, and an Educator.
I work as a Senior Strategic Designer in the fields of Service Design, UX Design, Interaction Design, User Research, User Interface Design, Usability Testing and managing small remote groups of designers and developers.
I the last 25 years I have been designing, developing, writing, speaking and teaching about digital technologies.
I am expanding my online and live Facilitation services to cover: Collective Intelligence Design, Systems Practice and Systems Change.
I aim at improving the well-being of people and the planet while promoting the sustainable adoption of new technologies and co-designing ecosystem-centered solutions. I facilitate learning processes by simplifying the complex.
I am writing about my experience on this blog. Something I wanted to do for more than 20 years.
You can subscribe for my newsletter to receive updates on my work and my writings.
I am based in Rome, Italy.
Although I can travel I would prefer remote work.
These are some people inspiring me.