HI, I am Massimo Curatella.
Some highlights from my website curatella.com:
- One Year Writing: 30 Lessons Learned in 30 Days. My challenge to publish 30 atomic essays in 30 days.
- Writing Half a Million words in One Year. I have been writing for my 365th day in a row, for a total of half a million words.
- The habit of building habits
- Notes. A growing collection of notes, reflections, and connections.
- My notes about Systems Thinking
- All articles about Design
- All articles about Facilitation
- All articles about Writing
- All articles about Systems Thinking
Read My Latest Articles
- Is your idea new?History could save you a lot of time or could make you earn a lot of money. How much do you know about history?
- There are no problemsWhen a problem can’t be solved, it’s not a problem. When a problem can be solved, it’s not a problem
- Reflecting on my current Personal Knowledge Management WorkflowWriting free-flowing daily is still essential, but it’s like playing scales to learn piano. I need to prepare for a concert.
- The Most Basic Form of Mind Control is RepetitionIsn’t it?
- Meeting strangers like they were good old friendsI like meeting strangers online, especially when they are eclectic, diverse, and sometimes clueless as I am.
- Seed your knowledge to grow relationshipsFind the “farming ground” to “seed” your knowledge by contributing value. Give more than you take.
- Acknowledging illusory defeatIt doesn’t matter how much you care about something. Words are cheap. Facts are what counts.
- Networked Thinking: an update on my Second Brain / Zettelkasten / Mental GardenMore notes = more ideas = more potential new ideas connecting them.
- The 1-2-3 Feynman Technique of learningThe best way to learn is to teach. One of the best ways to teach is to follow the Feynman Technique of learning.
- Like sand piling up on the shoreBuilding sand castles on the beach is like creating ideas. Go to play with sand. Now.
- 60 Times 60. Refining my daily publishing strategyI am celebrating my 60th daily publishing in a row, but I am not satisfied with my long-term publishing strategy.
- The Note-Taking Nouvelle VagueIn the world of P tools, there is a tsunami of new software applications to manage note-taking and note-making
- Artificial Intelligences are children to be educatedWhat’s the boundary between the usefulness of the suggestions that you receive and the information you have to provide to get them?
- Creativity preparation rituals: infallible!Prime your brain with the ritual of preparation. Nothing can stop you when you’re cleaning up your mind and your environment to start doing creative work.
- Find and give meaningFind your answers, build on top of what others have already learned, and experiment by minimizing risks while maximizing the learning.
- Rebranding the obviousWhy calling something already existing, known, and named with another name?
- How to be a Systems Thinker: simple stepsBeing a better Systems Thinker is all nice and good but how do you manage to do it in our chaotic lives?
- Celebratory rituals define yourselfQuestioning the deep motives behind your celebration shatters your identity from the foundations. It’s a disruptive act to redefine yourself.
- Minimize unintended consequences by thinking in systemsWhen you obtain effects you didn’t want and you did not expect, following your actions, you are experiencing unintended consequences.
- Keep on writing50 daily blog posts published. Let’s do another 50.
Discover My Passions
books collective intelligence communication complexity creativity critical thinking design design thinking education educational games facilitation facilitation methods future thinking game design how instructional design interaction design networked thinking networks newsletter note-taking notes online publishing personal development personal knowledge management planning podcasts poetry problem-solving professional development research reviews Ship 30 for 30 speculative design strategic design sustainability systemic design systems thinking thinking user interface design UX Design what why writing zettelkasten
I am a Senior Experience Designer, a Facilitator, a Trainer, and an Educator.
I work as a Senior Strategic Designer in the fields of Service Design, UX Design, Interaction Design, User Research, User Interface Design, Usability Testing and managing small remote groups of designers and developers.
I the last 25 years I have been designing, developing, writing, speaking and teaching about digital technologies.
I am expanding my online and live Facilitation services to cover: Collective Intelligence Design, Systems Practice and Systems Change.
I aim at improving the well-being of people and the planet while promoting the sustainable adoption of new technologies and co-designing ecosystem-centered solutions. I facilitate learning processes by simplifying the complex.
I am writing about my experience on this blog. Something I wanted to do for more than 20 years.
You can subscribe for my newsletter to receive updates on my work and my writings.
I am based in Rome, Italy.
Although I can travel I would prefer remote work.
These are some people inspiring me.