Hi, I am Massimo Curatella.
Some highlights from my website curatella.com:
- What I have learned by writing 100 daily articles in a row.
- One Year Writing: 30 Lessons Learned in 30 Days. My challenge to publish 30 atomic essays in 30 days.
- Writing Half a Million words in One Year. I have been writing for my 365th day in a row, for a total of half a million words.
- The habit of building habits
- Notes. A growing collection of notes, reflections, and connections.
- My notes about Systems Thinking
- All articles about Design
- All articles about Facilitation
- All articles about Writing
- All articles about Systems Thinking
Read My Latest Articles
- Reflections on Habitual Group CreativityI’ve created CREAZEE to find external incentives in maintaining my daily writing habit. How can I improve it?
- Make The System VisibleA design principle to understand how a system works and how making specific choices generates scenarios and consequences.
- Writing Every Day Without a Plan Can Be BoringI can only look forward, farther, and plan, in advance, to develop the questions I am raising when improvising like this. It would be enough to read what I wrote so far.
- For whom are you writing?There are different audiences for your writing. Your present self trying to understand something new. Your future self to whom you want to transfer the knowledge you acquired today. Your future self needing to combine…
- The First Iteration of My First Note.Here is where I think, I am not just transcribing my thoughts, these are my thoughts.
- Making Permanent NotesPermanent notes are a space to think, learn and ideate. There are perspectives in opening your brain to collective intelligence.
- Personal Thought Experiments Are Powerful Imagination Development Tools.The value of repeating the effort of imagining a specific scenario could help to develop your imagination skills
- Another PersonI’m a problem solver. I’m especially fond of impossible problems. I’m the impossible problems solver, the Impossible problems solver. This is the mythical man I want to be.
- Another TimeOr I could travel to the future when there is no pain, no violence, no need to work to live but pure energy pervading the universe.
- Another PlaceThis happens when I am bored. Really bored.
- Start, Stop, Continue. Considerations.A final consideration on the creative exercise of Start, Stop, Continue.
- Things I Should Start DoingMeet people again, write my books, exercise, have more generative conversations, pursue my interests, doing interviews, reread what I wrote, make art, playing the bass, story about my experience.
- Continue DoingContinue to write daily. to take long walks to read every day, to track key events, to plan your time, to have meaningful conversations, to share your knowledge, to collaborate.
- Things You Should Stop Doing When Managing InformationStarting from scratch. Separating information. Reading later. Separating projects. Taking notes. Processing information inconsistently. Collecting information randomly. Complicating your life.
- Turn Your Brain OnLife is beautiful and can be lived careless of its flow or treasuring every moment that passes. Being present requires commitment.
- Slowly Connecting Pieces into Larger Ones.So, I do want to write an essay, as well, and this is how I am setting it up. How will you write your essay?
- When no is noNo.
- No Internet, No Thinking?How much would I like to turn off the Internet intentionally to re-establish a healthier relationship with my brain?
- Thanks, TechnologyToday I used technology to be better, now and in the future. And I am grateful for that.
- Writing is not writingIt’s the complex, intimate, and personal process of collecting and developing our thoughts to put them in a tangible form that humankind can decode.
Discover My Passions
books collective intelligence communication complexity creativity critical thinking design design thinking education educational games facilitation facilitation methods free-flowing future thinking game design how instructional design learning networked thinking networks newsletter note-taking notes online publishing personal development personal knowledge management planning podcasts poetry problem-solving professional development research reviews Ship 30 for 30 speculative design strategic design sustainability systemic design systems thinking thinking UX Design what why writing zettelkasten
I am a Senior Experience Designer, a Facilitator, a Trainer, and an Educator.
I work as a Senior Strategic Designer in the fields of Service Design, UX Design, Interaction Design, User Research, User Interface Design, Usability Testing and managing small remote groups of designers and developers.
I the last 25 years I have been designing, developing, writing, speaking and teaching about digital technologies.
I am expanding my online and live Facilitation services to cover: Collective Intelligence Design, Systems Practice and Systems Change.
I aim at improving the well-being of people and the planet while promoting the sustainable adoption of new technologies and co-designing ecosystem-centered solutions. I facilitate learning processes by simplifying the complex.
I am writing about my experience on this blog. Something I wanted to do for more than 20 years.
You can subscribe for my newsletter to receive updates on my work and my writings.
I am based in Rome, Italy.
Although I can travel I would prefer remote work.
These are some people inspiring me.