Read My Latest Articles
- Writing improves your memoryYou remember better what you have written. Connect your brain to a more vivid past. Leverage on your rich memories: write them down.
- Connect ideas nowInformation hoarding is too easy. Capture and connect your new ideas now. There’s no other time to do it.
- Writing builds your networksExtrovert or introvert? Doesn’t matter. make your thoughts visible, you’ll grow your network.
- Be less ambitious, be more consistentLower the bar and reduce expectations. Make your work easy to be done so that you cannot miss it.
- Creative LonelinessI can be creative when alone. Don’t let your time alone be wasted. Use it to write.
- Write a lot to write wellYour first million words are the worst. Put in the repetitions and your writing will improve.
- Writing is ThinkingWriting is thinking and if you cannot think clearly you cannot write.
- The Journey is the PurposeWe should aim at following the process rather than being fixated with the goals.
- One Year Writing: 30 Lessons Learned in 30 DaysI’ve decided to pay 50 USD to a stranger to commit myself to do what I haven’t been able to do on my own. Thanks to the Internet.
- A Facilitator, a Coach, and a Designer Walk into a BarAnd they learn together about design, facilitation, and complexity. How will it go?
- Learning How to Learn, Book ReviewLearning How To Learn talks about simple and effective practices to improve your ability to learn more efficiently and more effectively.
- Writing Half a Million words in One YearToday is the day I am writing for my 365th day in a row, for a total of half a million words.
- Reflecting on Podcasting, Blogging, and Independent ResearchWhat’s the added value in transcribing and blogging about a podcast? How do you know when your research is valid, good, useful? How do you do research outside of academia?
- Simply Complexity Podcast with Kevin Richard and Massimo CuratellaHow to understand & explain complex topics? It’s the impossible subject I’ve discussed in this podcast with Kevin Richard.
- Trust and digital nomadismMy first experiment in publishing on the go, without a computer, on the sand.
- Preparing for the Podcast “Making Complexity Simple”How I leveraged on the Collective Intelligence to know better how much I don’t know, in preparation for a podcast interview.
- How to transform a draft into a final article by mental distancingWrite a draft impulsively and without caring too much. Let it rest. Collect feedback. Then edit it and publish it.
- More networked thinkingHow I am evolving my Personal Knowledge Management workflow. The difference between reading and writing-while-reading.
- Creativity, eclecticism and Personal Knowledge ManagementHaving too many ideas. Struggle in finding a common thread. Concerned about building an audience while being eclectic. Then: Curate sources and filter inputs.
- Notes on creativity and productivity with Ness Labs CommunityGreat session today on creativity, inspiration, productivity, workflow with Anne Laure Le Cunff of Ness Labs
Discover My Passions
books collective intelligence complexity creativity design design thinking education educational games facilitation facilitation methods future thinking game design how instructional design networked thinking networks newsletter note-taking notes personal development personal knowledge management podcasts poetry research reviews Ship 30 for 30 speculative design strategic design sustainability systemic design systems thinking thinking UX Design what why writing zettelkasten
I am a Senior Experience Designer, a Facilitator, a Trainer, and an Educator.
I work as a Senior Strategic Designer in the fields of Service Design, UX Design, Interaction Design, User Research, User Interface Design, Usability Testing and managing small remote groups of designers and developers.
I the last 25 years I have been designing, developing, writing, speaking and teaching about digital technologies.
I am expanding my online and live Facilitation services to cover: Collective Intelligence Design, Systems Practice and Systems Change.
I aim at improving the well-being of people and the planet while promoting the sustainable adoption of new technologies and co-designing ecosystem-centered solutions. I facilitate learning processes by simplifying the complex.
I am writing about my experience on this blog. Something I wanted to do for more than 20 years.
You can subscribe for my newsletter to receive updates on my work and my writings.
I am based in Rome, Italy.
Although I can travel I would prefer remote work.