Hi, I am Massimo Curatella.
Some highlights from my website curatella.com:
- What I have learned by writing 100 daily articles in a row.
- One Year Writing: 30 Lessons Learned in 30 Days. My challenge to publish 30 atomic essays in 30 days.
- Writing Half a Million words in One Year. I have been writing for my 365th day in a row, for a total of half a million words.
- The habit of building habits
- Notes. A growing collection of notes, reflections, and connections.
- My notes about Systems Thinking
- All articles about Design
- All articles about Facilitation
- All articles about Writing
- All articles about Systems Thinking
Read My Latest Articles
- Reflecting, Again, On My Daily Writing Habit PracticeI’m carving back my space for private writing. It’s a different need in a different context. I have nothing to demonstrate to anybody.
- Hypothetical Backwards RemediationI write daily and I find immense benefits in writing but it is hard and harder.
- Morning GoldenWriting in the morning feels more focused and productive. Not directly related to daily blogging but that’s acceptable.
- Happy Writing About WritingSo this is a meta-post, it’s how I feel about the fact that I wrote, today.
- A.I. isn’t as Advanced as I Need It, Yet.Hemingway, give me the will to write.
- Curated WritingToday I made an experiment. I am not going to publishing anything I am not going to feel comfortable with. That’s it.
- The Daily Pain of WritingThe more I keep on writing daily. The more I feel like I don’t want to do it. I have made a commitment. I will write and publish daily on my blog for one year….
- Estimation and planningWhen estimating a change request you need to be careful with the remaining planning
- Trust is Expensive and DelicateWorking to build trust is a slow and careful process requiring focus and resources, continuously.
- The Value of ExperienceThe experience I made in a technical field came useful today when I had to explain to a peer how to face a certain context. I realized I had a clear vision about the problem,…
- Boutique, BarriqueLa ferita è dolorante, La cura meticolosa, Il fuoco latente, Ma proprio non è cosa. La delusione è cocente, L’ardito riposa. La trama lucente Nell’immaginazione, sontuosa.
- Quiet Nights and Quiet DreamsToday I enjoy greater tranquility but I observe dormant dreams and storms. It is true that while you imagine a different life, life, the real one, happens to you. I find it hard to let…
- Strong Feelings, Strong MemoriesThe power of trauma engraves events deeply in your memory. I can clearly see what’s around me, what my friend is saying on the phone and the images passing through an old TV set broadcasting…
- Free-Flowing Reflections on my Writing PracticeWhat I like and what I don’t, about my daily writing practice.
- Dissatisfaction as a Motivation to ChangeFeeling like you should be doing different things, or getting different results can be a good force for change.
- Strategy and PlanningKeeping the right balance between abstract, speculative thought and practical, executive planning requires careful dedication and self-awareness.
- Learning PainsAnd it is so good.
- Creating Choice by Managing your Personal KnowledgeTo create choices I need information and the capability of making connections between them. PKM helps.
- Trees of the past and futureAt every moment of my life I’m at the intersection of two trees, one made of all of the events occurred and the decisions I made which brought me to today and the other made…
- Beauty is in How it Worksa beautifully designed object is something that works well, for the purpose it has been created for.
Discover My Passions
books collaboration collective intelligence communication complexity creativity critical thinking design design leadership design strategy design thinking education educational games facilitation facilitation methods free-flowing future thinking game design how instructional design leadership learning networks newsletter note-taking notes personal development personal knowledge management planning poetry problem-solving professional development reviews Ship 30 for 30 short stories speculative design storytelling strategic design sustainability systemic design systems thinking what why writing zettelkasten
I am a Senior Experience Designer, a Facilitator, a Trainer, and an Educator.
I work as a Senior Strategic Designer in the fields of Service Design, UX Design, Interaction Design, User Research, User Interface Design, Usability Testing and managing small remote groups of designers and developers.
I the last 25 years I have been designing, developing, writing, speaking and teaching about digital technologies.
I am expanding my online and live Facilitation services to cover: Collective Intelligence Design, Systems Practice and Systems Change.
I aim at improving the well-being of people and the planet while promoting the sustainable adoption of new technologies and co-designing ecosystem-centered solutions. I facilitate learning processes by simplifying the complex.
I am writing about my experience on this blog. Something I wanted to do for more than 20 years.
You can subscribe for my newsletter to receive updates on my work and my writings.
I am based in Rome, Italy.
Although I can travel I would prefer remote work.
These are some people inspiring me.