Hi, I am Massimo Curatella.
Some highlights from my website curatella.com:
- What I have learned by writing 100 daily articles in a row.
- One Year Writing: 30 Lessons Learned in 30 Days. My challenge to publish 30 atomic essays in 30 days.
- Writing Half a Million words in One Year. I have been writing for my 365th day in a row, for a total of half a million words.
- The habit of building habits
- Notes. A growing collection of notes, reflections, and connections.
- My notes about Systems Thinking
- All articles about Design
- All articles about Facilitation
- All articles about Writing
- All articles about Systems Thinking
Read My Latest Articles
- (Un)willingBut today, my dear opposite me, I won.
- Living in an Insensitive WorldHow to live with the knowledge of the evils of the world without being corrupted by them?
- Go Slow To Go FastIf you want to design and develop fast, prepare the components you need going through a careful and dedicated working session. Do not rush it.
- Deceiving HabitsHe always felt he was meant to be special. It’s a cultural problem when your family treat you ash you are not a common human being. He liked to play with other children, like everybody…
- Drive Away to Refresh Your MindChanging place helps changing perspective. Although we always can bring our digital world with us when you are on the move you are forced to be more creative. Finding the right route, the right destination…
- Value Recognition Improves Your RelationshipsTake some dedicated time to recognize the good done by somebody else and you’ll live better.
- Incremental, Iterative, Collaborative Book Reading and Note-takingI adore this format, I want to read book in his way in the future. It's fun, engaging, active and It makes me learn, connect and remember more.
- Backup is Sending Objects To The FutureYou need to state a clear intention in your saving and take care of its accessibility when and if needed.
- Not Comfortable But Not QuittingI wish I could have much more codesign and cocreation sessions like this, in the future.
- All Life VisibleImagine seeing lives as stories already told. How would you change your behavior? What would you do?
- Consuming vs. CreatingWe need to be more critical in our approach to consuming what surrounds us and move to a different mindset, the one of being creators rather than consumers.
- Use The Dynamics ForceWhen planning in uncertainty a possibility is to specify as little as possible and let the forces on the systems to do their job. When you are aware of the problem’s context and you know…
- Abstract and Specific SpeculationsEverything could be wrong, but time and resources are not wasted because you better grasp the subject and its context.
- Storytelling to face uncertainty and complexityIt’s a way to work, productively and provocatively, without knowing exactly what the work is that you have to do.
- Day by DayOh, I need to write. So I am not hiding behind a finger. I am just living this daily challenge as it comes.
- I did it.Yes.
- What Can We Learn About The Future?The word is about, there’s something evolving,Whatever may come, the world keeps revolving…They say the next big thing is here,That the revolution’s near,But to me it seems quite clearThat’s it’s all just a little bit…
- Futuring: ScopingScoping starts with a question, from an individual, a team, or an organization, framing and setting boundaries
- What’s Futuring?Thinking about the future is different for each of us because every person has a different view of the future. “Futuring” is the process of exploring possible futures. It’s a way to gather information and…
- ImmuneBecoming immune doesn’t mean avoiding or rejecting alien things. It’s the opposite, it means being completely immersed in them and developing an immune response. For those things we cannot avoid, reject or prevent to be…
Discover My Passions
books collective intelligence communication complexity creativity critical thinking design design thinking education educational games facilitation facilitation methods free-flowing future thinking game design how instructional design learning networked thinking networks newsletter note-taking notes personal development personal knowledge management podcasts poetry problem-solving professional development research reviews Ship 30 for 30 short stories speculative design storytelling strategic design sustainability systemic design systems thinking thinking UX Design what why writing zettelkasten
I am a Senior Experience Designer, a Facilitator, a Trainer, and an Educator.
I work as a Senior Strategic Designer in the fields of Service Design, UX Design, Interaction Design, User Research, User Interface Design, Usability Testing and managing small remote groups of designers and developers.
I the last 25 years I have been designing, developing, writing, speaking and teaching about digital technologies.
I am expanding my online and live Facilitation services to cover: Collective Intelligence Design, Systems Practice and Systems Change.
I aim at improving the well-being of people and the planet while promoting the sustainable adoption of new technologies and co-designing ecosystem-centered solutions. I facilitate learning processes by simplifying the complex.
I am writing about my experience on this blog. Something I wanted to do for more than 20 years.
You can subscribe for my newsletter to receive updates on my work and my writings.
I am based in Rome, Italy.
Although I can travel I would prefer remote work.
These are some people inspiring me.