Hi, I am Massimo Curatella.
I work as a Senior Strategic Designer in the fields of Service Design, UX Design, Interaction Design, User Research, User Interface Design, Usability Testing and managing small remote groups of designers and developers.
Subscribe now tO Receive my Newsletter
I the last 25 years I have been designing, developing, writing, speaking and teaching about digital technologies.
I am expanding my online and live Facilitation services to cover: Collective Intelligence Design, Systems Practice and Systems Change.
I aim at improving the well-being of people and the planet while promoting the sustainable adoption of new technologies and co-designing ecosystem-centered solutions. I facilitate learning processes by simplifying the complex.
I am writing about my experience on this blog.
I am based in Rome, Italy. I work remotely. Or I remotely work…
These are some people inspiring me.
Some highlights from my website curatella.com:
- What I have learned by writing 100 daily articles in a row.
- One Year Writing: 30 Lessons Learned in 30 Days. My challenge to publish 30 atomic essays in 30 days.
- Writing Half a Million words in One Year. I have been writing for my 365th day in a row, for a total of half a million words.
- The habit of building habits
- Notes. A growing collection of notes, reflections, and connections.
- My notes about Systems Thinking
- All articles about Design
- All articles about Facilitation
- All articles about Writing
Discover My Passions
artificial intelligence books collaboration collective intelligence communication complexity creativity CREAZEE Sprint critical thinking design design leadership design strategy design thinking drafts education facilitation facilitation methods free-flowing future thinking how innovation instructional design leadership learning networks newsletter note-taking notes personal development personal knowledge management poetry problem-solving professional development reading research Ship 30 for 30 short stories storytelling sustainability systemic design systems thinking thinking what writing zettelkasten
Read my Latest Articles
- Creative Growth ReflectionsDelving into creativity’s journey, emphasizing growth from setbacks and the transformative power of embracing challenges in the creative process
- From Toys to SystemsExploring the journey from childhood curiosity dismantling toys to embracing Systems Thinking and Design Thinking in professional growth.
- From Idea to LightningExploring creativity’s journey, from gathering ideas like charging air particles to the thunderous impact of realization, akin to lightning strikes.
- Navigating Creative Seas: The Top-Down and Bottom-Up Voyage in WritingExploring creative writing approaches: structured, purposeful Top-Down method versus spontaneous, organic Bottom-Up journey.
- Charting the Course Through My Personal Knowledge BaseExploring the organization of a PKB: the challenge of capturing diverse information and synthesizing it into coherent knowledge.
- Exploring Personal Knowledge Management: A Process of Growth and ConnectionAn habitual creativity challenge to refine the process to observe, understand, learn and apply knowledge.
- The Joy of Hosting Conversations in a Creative SprintCREAZEE Sprint 6 on Co-Design, Networked Thinking, and Visual Facilitation. With Massimo Curatella and Quinten Lockefeer
- Social Innovation through Strategic Foresight, a conversationFuturology and Strategic Foresight in the Healthcare System. A conversation with Giorgia Zunino about Futures Thinking and Social Impact.
- Building confidence with deliberate practice, a CREAZEE Sprint with David OrbanWith David Orban about polymathy, learning, failure, mistakes, zooming in-out, joy of living, building confidence, climate crisis, creativity and surprise.
- Idea Curation, Visual Note-Taking, Conversational ExplorationsContent curation, visualizing conversations in real-time (as in this case), collaboration, PKM and the role of AI in learning. A new video.
- Human-Centred Design and Decision-Making Process FacilitationMaking decisions in large no-profit organizations benefits from structured facilitation. An interview with Antonella Pastore, designer, facilitator.
- Launching CREAZEE SprintIn an informal conversation with a good friend, I explored creativity, songwriting, filmmaking, and how music can help people to be more hopeful.
- ChatGPT for Creativity and Creation, Hands-On ReviewI used several Artificial Intelligences write about how I recreated an Habitual Creativity Course and tested it.
- ChatGPT is CREAZEEExchange between Massimo Curatella (bold) and ChatGPT. I was curious about developing my idea for a daily writing habit challenge course that I started in 2021.
- You Can’t Always InventIf we have a system to capture ideas when and where they come to our attention we prepare the building blocks for our next piece.
- Why is it interesting?Hoarding information is different from building up knowledge. When we fall prey to information overload, we suffer from the failure of our attention filter.
- Conjuring CreativityWe become more creative with addition and subtraction: by removing distractions and waste and adding stimuli in time and space.
- One Year Blogging Challenge CompleteI wrote and published 365 blog posts, meaning, I’ve been writing for one year, every day.
- New Beginnings?The day before completing my 365 daily post writing challenge, I am thinking about my next habit-forming strategy.
- The Pleasure of Connecting KnowledgeIt’s nice to find somebody else treating the topics that you love in a clear and entertaining way.