Read My Latest Articles
- Systemic Design Toolkit by Kristel van Ael of NamahnKeynote: Hands-on with Systemic Design by Kristel van Ael of Namahn during The Virtual Design Thinking BarCamp 2020 .
- Massimo Curatella interviewed on Knowledge Management by David OrbanThis is an extract of the interview transcript that David Orban conducted live on the 14 April 2020 for his Internet who Searching For The Question Live. Massimo Curatella (me!) was interviewed on Personal Knowledge Management, writing and education.
- Speculative Design, Critical Design, and Future Design. Notes from the Webinar by Debora BottàSpeculative Design is about re-imagining our imagination to create better futures that are possible and desirable.
- Facilitating Complexity ThinkingHow to facilitate group processes in solving simple, complicated, and complex Problems. Methods applied in the 1st Workshop of OsservAgro.
- How to take a digital note, webinar by Tiago ForteLive notes taken during Tiago Forte’s webinar on Building a Second Brain
- I don’t want everything to go back to the way it was.I want a mosaic, where each one is a slow and precious fragment, and where there is no need for bars or bans to notice the grace of this springtime.
- Workshop Design methods, Discovery and IdeationHow I used facilitation tools and techniques to organize and deliver a series of workshops for the Observatory on the Dialogue in the Agrifood System (OsservAgro).
- Facilitating Collective Intelligence for the Sustainability of Agri-foodMy experience as a facilitator of five workshops, for the Dialogue in the Agri-food System Observatory (Osservagro)
- Strategic Design for Collective IntelligenceA Strategic Designer Collective facilitates Collective Intelligence for leaders and decision-makers to be more than the sum of their parts.
- Design is PlanningDesign is planning the purpose of something before it is made. Build more rational and useful products and services by carefully planning their making.
- Networking by communicating your challengeFocusing on a specific mission is hard. If you’re not clear about it it’s even harder to communicate it. This is how it went with my presentation to Ozan Varol’s Inner Circle.
- Facilitation is the process of learning togetherFacilitation is the process of learning together. A professional facilitator improves collective intelligence through structured activities.
- Funny constraints as learning tools for young learnersHow to design a learning game with visual facilitation methods and funny constraints to keep the learner’s interest high and to improve understanding of how knowledge is structured.
- What to write aboutWhat should you write about? How can you find the inspiration for a new article or a new diary post? What is capturing your attention and is worth of further thought? What deserves to be put in words for somebody else to be read?
- How I writeBuild the habit of writing, every day to enjoy the benefits of improved communications skills and confidence while producing useful content.
- Why should you write?There are many reasons for you to write. Some of them are rational, useful and motivating. Others are irrational, detrimental and generated by your biased way of thinking. The success of your efforts lie in which one of them you will choose. Why do you want to write?
Discover My Passions
collective intelligence complexity design design thinking education educational games facilitation facilitation methods future thinking game design how instructional design networks notes personal knowledge management poetry speculative design strategic design sustainability systemic design systems thinking what why writing
I am a Senior Experience Designer, a Facilitator, a Trainer, and an Educator.
I work as a Senior Strategic Designer in the fields of Service Design, UX Design, Interaction Design, User Research, User Interface Design, Usability Testing and managing small remote groups of designers and developers.
I the last 25 years I have been designing, developing, writing, speaking and teaching about digital technologies.
I am expanding my online and live Facilitation services to cover: Collective Intelligence Design, Systems Practice and Systems Change.
I aim at improving the well-being of people and the planet while promoting the sustainable adoption of new technologies and co-designing ecosystem-centered solutions. I facilitate learning processes by simplifying the complex.
I am writing about my experience on this blog. Something I wanted to do for more than 20 years.
You can subscribe for my newsletter to receive updates on my work and my writings.
I am based in Rome, Italy.
Although I can travel I would prefer remote work.