Read My Latest Articles
- A Facilitator, a Coach, and a Designer Walk into a BarAnd they learn together about design, facilitation, and complexity. How will it go?
- Learning How to Learn, Book ReviewLearning How To Learn talks about simple and effective practices to improve your ability to learn more efficiently and more effectively.
- Writing Half a Million words in One YearToday is the day I am writing for my 365th day in a row, for a total of half a million words.
- Reflecting on Podcasting, Blogging, and Independent ResearchWhat’s the added value in transcribing and blogging about a podcast? How do you know when your research is valid, good, useful? How do you do research outside of academia?
- Simply Complexity Podcast with Kevin Richard and Massimo CuratellaHow to understand & explain complex topics? It’s the impossible subject I’ve discussed in this podcast with Kevin Richard.
- Trust and digital nomadismMy first experiment in publishing on the go, without a computer, on the sand.
- Preparing for the Podcast “Making Complexity Simple”How I leveraged on the Collective Intelligence to know better how much I don’t know, in preparation for a podcast interview.
- How to transform a draft into a final article by mental distancingWrite a draft impulsively and without caring too much. Let it rest. Collect feedback. Then edit it and publish it.
- More networked thinkingHow I am evolving my Personal Knowledge Management workflow. The difference between reading and writing-while-reading.
- Creativity, eclecticism and Personal Knowledge ManagementHaving too many ideas. Struggle in finding a common thread. Concerned about building an audience while being eclectic. Then: Curate sources and filter inputs.
- Notes on creativity and productivity with Ness Labs CommunityGreat session today on creativity, inspiration, productivity, workflow with Anne Laure Le Cunff of Ness Labs
- Design is a PlanA short video by Duane Smith and Stefane Barbeau elaborating on the concept that Design is Planning.
- What User Experience (UX) Really MeansThis is what Donald Norman, the inventor of the term User Experience really meant when he created the term User Experience (UX).
- Perfectionism Killed my CreativityI did too much. And I did nothing. This is the story of how being a perfectionist got me stuck.
- Systemic Design Toolkit by Kristel van Ael of NamahnKeynote: Hands-on with Systemic Design by Kristel van Ael of Namahn during The Virtual Design Thinking BarCamp 2020 .
- Massimo Curatella interviewed on Knowledge Management by David OrbanThis is an extract of the interview transcript that David Orban conducted live on the 14 April 2020 for his Internet who Searching For The Question Live. Massimo Curatella (me!) was interviewed on Personal Knowledge Management, writing and education.
- Speculative Design, Critical Design, and Future Design. Notes from the Webinar by Debora BottàSpeculative Design is about re-imagining our imagination to create better futures that are possible and desirable.
- Facilitating Complexity ThinkingHow to facilitate group processes in solving simple, complicated, and complex Problems. Methods applied in the 1st Workshop of OsservAgro.
- How to take a digital note, webinar by Tiago ForteLive notes taken during Tiago Forte’s webinar on Building a Second Brain
- I don’t want everything to go back to the way it was.I want a mosaic, where each one is a slow and precious fragment, and where there is no need for bars or bans to notice the grace of this springtime.
Discover My Passions
books collective intelligence complexity creativity design design thinking education educational games facilitation facilitation methods future thinking game design how instructional design networks newsletter notes personal development personal knowledge management podcasts poetry research reviews speculative design strategic design sustainability systemic design systems thinking thinking UX Design what why writing
I am a Senior Experience Designer, a Facilitator, a Trainer, and an Educator.
I work as a Senior Strategic Designer in the fields of Service Design, UX Design, Interaction Design, User Research, User Interface Design, Usability Testing and managing small remote groups of designers and developers.
I the last 25 years I have been designing, developing, writing, speaking and teaching about digital technologies.
I am expanding my online and live Facilitation services to cover: Collective Intelligence Design, Systems Practice and Systems Change.
I aim at improving the well-being of people and the planet while promoting the sustainable adoption of new technologies and co-designing ecosystem-centered solutions. I facilitate learning processes by simplifying the complex.
I am writing about my experience on this blog. Something I wanted to do for more than 20 years.
You can subscribe for my newsletter to receive updates on my work and my writings.
I am based in Rome, Italy.
Although I can travel I would prefer remote work.