Hi, I am Massimo Curatella.
Some highlights from my website curatella.com:
- What I have learned by writing 100 daily articles in a row.
- One Year Writing: 30 Lessons Learned in 30 Days. My challenge to publish 30 atomic essays in 30 days.
- Writing Half a Million words in One Year. I have been writing for my 365th day in a row, for a total of half a million words.
- The habit of building habits
- Notes. A growing collection of notes, reflections, and connections.
- My notes about Systems Thinking
- All articles about Design
- All articles about Facilitation
- All articles about Writing
- All articles about Systems Thinking
Read My Latest Articles
- Morellino di ScansanoAlcohol is bad for health. Prove me wrong and I’ll invite you for a drink.
- Give Me Endless StoriesI don’t like the end of stories. Why shall I interrupt being transported in another world and another time?
- Dear Future Me, Prepare to Be CREAZEE, AgainLetter to my future self. Thoughts and questions about the CREAZEE Challenge and the forming community.
- My 100 Ideas to Write AboutAn exercise in ideation. My list of ideas, topics, and themes to get inspiration from when I want to write a new article.
- Containing Large MultitudesI am Max. Massimo Curatella if you want the full name. Presenting myself has always been a problem.
- I am ready, I am CREAZEEWhen you recognize fear, you can manage it. Fear means you are alive, and you are living exciting moments.
- My 12 Favorite ProblemsYou should always be working on a dozen of your favorite problems. What are yours?
- Write 100 Ideas, NowChange your attitude towards what you want and what you can create by exercising your creativity. Be CREAZEE!
- What have you learned today?If you want to become a better learner and give a higher value to your experiences, keep track of what you have learned daily.
- Stay superficial, stay amateur!I have serious problems in finding the motivation and the time to study properly. Especially about what is supposed to be for me solid acquired knowledge.
- BuonanotteFree-flowing writing, if you’re brave, is the only thing you can do when it’s almost time to sleep.
- Learning Out Loud: What is a Customer JourneyIn an HCD process, a Customer Journey is a tool to learn about our users’ potential and intentional experience.
- Time TravelingYou need to respect yourself more. Respect the hard work you have done. Don’t ruin it.
- Start to create, nowWhat was the most critical event determining my 117 daily articles written and published in a row? Starting.
- Living in Information by Jorge Arango, book reviewThere is a strong parallel between the characteristics and the influences of physical places on our lives and what worlds of information living in immaterial digital existences are having on them.
- Daily Writing Habit Learning Challenge, a first draftChallenge yourself to build a daily writing habit. Here is the alpha version draft outline. Let’s learn together.
- Find a balance between theory and practice, management and executionGet out of the office, put down your phone and see if you can do some practical work in your field, you’ll have immense benefits.
- Open questions vs. Closed questionsAsk closed questions to have quick confirmation without provoking further discussion. Ask open questions to explore, learn and facilitate richer conversations.
- Daily writing doesn’t make it automatically goodOn top of the continuity, you need to create valuable content. When is the right time to assess what you have written?
- Think more about your future selfYou can change your future by acting today. Rather than focusing on an abstract person in an intangible setting think about your future self.
Discover My Passions
books collective intelligence communication complexity creativity critical thinking design design thinking education educational games facilitation facilitation methods free-flowing future thinking game design how instructional design learning networked thinking networks newsletter note-taking notes online publishing personal development personal knowledge management planning podcasts poetry problem-solving professional development research reviews Ship 30 for 30 speculative design strategic design sustainability systemic design systems thinking thinking UX Design what why writing zettelkasten
I am a Senior Experience Designer, a Facilitator, a Trainer, and an Educator.
I work as a Senior Strategic Designer in the fields of Service Design, UX Design, Interaction Design, User Research, User Interface Design, Usability Testing and managing small remote groups of designers and developers.
I the last 25 years I have been designing, developing, writing, speaking and teaching about digital technologies.
I am expanding my online and live Facilitation services to cover: Collective Intelligence Design, Systems Practice and Systems Change.
I aim at improving the well-being of people and the planet while promoting the sustainable adoption of new technologies and co-designing ecosystem-centered solutions. I facilitate learning processes by simplifying the complex.
I am writing about my experience on this blog. Something I wanted to do for more than 20 years.
You can subscribe for my newsletter to receive updates on my work and my writings.
I am based in Rome, Italy.
Although I can travel I would prefer remote work.
These are some people inspiring me.