Writing every day for 365 days, I’ve learned to be a confident communicator.
I am more fluid and a better cold starter. I used to be doubtful, redundant, and sometimes slow in starting to write. Now I can get to the point faster and easier.
While reading my drafts I can sense evolution in my communication style. The first writings were longer, denser, and containing a lot of different concepts, not always related and meaningfully connected.
Although free-flowing writing has the exact purpose of letting the brain going free in the flow, doing a lot of practice, you will discover that flow to change.
Garbled mumbling accompanied by gibberish, slowly but steadily, evolves into better structured and expressed thoughts.
I’m now better at improvising, speaking in public, sustaining conversations, and most of all in writing down a draft, decently good, on the first try.
I can connect better multiple concepts without passing through drafts. Making connections on-the-fly renders your communication richer and more effective.
Transcribe your thoughts, frequently and intensely. You will become a better thinker and a better communicator.
This is Essay 23 of 30 in the my challenge One Year Writing: 30 Lessons Learned in 30 Days
- The Journey is the Purpose (16 Nov 2020)
- Writing is Thinking (17 Nov 2020)
- Write a Lot to Write Well (18 Nov 2020)
- Creative Loneliness (19 Nov 2020)
- Be Less Ambitious, Be More Consistent (20 Nov 2020)
- Writing builds your networks (21 Nov 2020)
- Connect ideas now (22 Nov 2020)
- Writing improves your memory (23 Nov 2020)
- Writing makes you a better observer (24 Nov 2020)
- Writing sets the focus on yourself (25 Nov 2020)
- Dissolve your distractions (26 Nov 2020)
- Writing reduces your jargon and slang (27 Nov 2020)
- Walking generates ideas (28 Nov 2020)
- Writing is like drinking coffee (29 Nov 2020)
- Creativity makes you happy (30 Nov 2020)
- Be smart, let it go (1 Dec 2020)
- Writing is a process (2 Dec 2020)
- Automate repetitive tasks (3 Dec 2020)
- Publish text as digital text, not images (4 Dec 2020)
- Why asking questions? (5 Dec 2020)
- Facilitate growth by tracking habits (6 Dec 2020)
- Type more, type faster, type better (7 Dec 2020)
- Transcribe your thoughts to become an effective communicator (8 Dec 2020)
- Write daily to become a better manager (9 Dec 2020)
- Do it small to do it better (10 Dec 2020)
- Don’t lose your mind. Back it up (11 Dec 2020)
- Write daily to enhance your reality (12 Dec 2020)
- If only I could be ten, again (13 Dec 2020)
- Writing compounds despite everything (14 Dec 2020)
- The habit of building habits (15 Dec 2020)