Writing every day for 365 days, I’ve learned ten reasons why is better to publish a text as text.
I’ve discovered many issues with publishing short essays in digital images instead of digital text.
- Text in images cannot be edited. You need to change the source and export the image again and again.
- Text in images cannot be copied easily.
- Text in images cannot be searched, almost always.
- Text in images cannot be indexed by Search Engines (unless they are so advanced to do OCR. Google does it at least on Google Photos).
- Text in images cannot be automatically translated without extra steps.
- Portions of text in images cannot be linked, defying a web page and a hypertext’s primary goal, unless using tricks.
- It’s difficult to quote text authors in digital images since I cannot copy its embedded link unless I am a tech wizard.
- Text in images is not responsive and adaptive to the device on which I am viewing it. It’s just not.
- Text in images wastes more bandwidth and storage space than digital text unless you can read zeros and ones.
- Text in digital images cannot be easily formatted, aligned, and spaced.
Be a responsible Internet Citizen: publish content as digital text to make it usable and accessible.
This is Essay 19 of 30 in the my challenge One Year Writing: 30 Lessons Learned in 30 Days
- The Journey is the Purpose (16 Nov 2020)
- Writing is Thinking (17 Nov 2020)
- Write a Lot to Write Well (18 Nov 2020)
- Creative Loneliness (19 Nov 2020)
- Be Less Ambitious, Be More Consistent (20 Nov 2020)
- Writing builds your networks (21 Nov 2020)
- Connect ideas now (22 Nov 2020)
- Writing improves your memory (23 Nov 2020)
- Writing makes you a better observer (24 Nov 2020)
- Writing sets the focus on yourself (25 Nov 2020)
- Dissolve your distractions (26 Nov 2020)
- Writing reduces your jargon and slang (27 Nov 2020)
- Walking generates ideas (28 Nov 2020)
- Writing is like drinking coffee (29 Nov 2020)
- Creativity makes you happy (30 Nov 2020)
- Be smart, let it go (1 Dec 2020)
- Writing is a process (2 Dec 2020)
- Automate repetitive tasks (3 Dec 2020)
- Publish text as digital text, not images (4 Dec 2020)
- Why asking questions? (5 Dec 2020)
- Facilitate growth by tracking habits (6 Dec 2020)
- Type more, type faster, type better (7 Dec 2020)
- Transcribe your thoughts to become an effective communicator (8 Dec 2020)
- Write daily to become a better manager (9 Dec 2020)
- Do it small to do it better (10 Dec 2020)
- Don’t lose your mind. Back it up (11 Dec 2020)
- Write daily to enhance your reality (12 Dec 2020)
- If only I could be ten, again (13 Dec 2020)
- Writing compounds despite everything (14 Dec 2020)
- The habit of building habits (15 Dec 2020)
2 responses to “Publish text as digital text, not images”
Not to mention the accessibility problem related to text readers prevented from reading the text in images.