Writing every day for 365 days, I’ve learned to use less jargon and slang. Damn’ ya!
When you record your voice notes to capture your thoughts about your day or your work experience, you are gradually improving the choice of words you use. In particular, when you listen back to your recordings, you will discover so many “Uhm,” “Uh,” “You know” that you will be ashamed of yourself. Mamma mia!
When you go from your personal diary to a blog post or a tweet, you are pushed to be more clear and understandable and less like ˈt͡ɬɪ.ŋɑn xol].
When you pass from notes, drafts, and unstructured thoughts to well-formed essays and articles you have to pass through one or more revisions in which you will carefully remove jargon and slang. LOL.
Writing, recording notes, reviewing, you will improve your communication style by removing unnecessary words and jargon expressions that would make your message more difficult to convey. Noiice!
Practice writing and recording your thoughts, you will talk better and you will write in a cleaner and more understandable way. Capisc’?
This is Essay 12 of 30 in the my challenge One Year Writing: 30 Lessons Learned in 30 Days
- The Journey is the Purpose (16 Nov 2020)
- Writing is Thinking (17 Nov 2020)
- Write a Lot to Write Well (18 Nov 2020)
- Creative Loneliness (19 Nov 2020)
- Be Less Ambitious, Be More Consistent (20 Nov 2020)
- Writing builds your networks (21 Nov 2020)
- Connect ideas now (22 Nov 2020)
- Writing improves your memory (23 Nov 2020)
- Writing makes you a better observer (24 Nov 2020)
- Writing sets the focus on yourself (25 Nov 2020)
- Dissolve your distractions (26 Nov 2020)
- Writing reduces your jargon and slang (27 Nov 2020)
- Walking generates ideas (28 Nov 2020)
- Writing is like drinking coffee (29 Nov 2020)
- Creativity makes you happy (30 Nov 2020)
- Be smart, let it go (1 Dec 2020)
- Writing is a process (2 Dec 2020)
- Automate repetitive tasks (3 Dec 2020)
- Publish text as digital text, not images (4 Dec 2020)
- Why asking questions? (5 Dec 2020)
- Facilitate growth by tracking habits (6 Dec 2020)
- Type more, type faster, type better (7 Dec 2020)
- Transcribe your thoughts to become an effective communicator (8 Dec 2020)
- Write daily to become a better manager (9 Dec 2020)
- Do it small to do it better (10 Dec 2020)
- Don’t lose your mind. Back it up (11 Dec 2020)
- Write daily to enhance your reality (12 Dec 2020)
- If only I could be ten, again (13 Dec 2020)
- Writing compounds despite everything (14 Dec 2020)
- The habit of building habits (15 Dec 2020)